Apply for NUS Graduate Student Fellowships for Asians 2019
NUS Graduate Student Fellowships for Asians 2019 – The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships.
These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or PhD degrees and working in the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics, and will allow the recipients to be based at NUS for an ‘in residence fellowship’ for a period of three months.
National University of Singapore
Field of Study
Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics
Number of Awards
Citizens of Asian Countries except Singapore
Successful candidates can expect the following benefits:
1) A monthly allowance of SGD1,000.
2) A monthly housing allowance of SGD250.
3) A settling-in allowance of SGD150.
4) A sum of $100 on a reimbursement basis for miscellaneous expenses
5) A one-time round trip travel subsidy by the most economical and direct route on a reimbursement basis upon being accepted for the fellowship.
6) Access to library and computer resources on campus.
- Must be enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country.
- Must be current graduate students doing their Master’s or PhD degrees and working in the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics.
- Must be citizens of Asian Countries except Singapore.
Applicants are invited to e-mail/facsimile/mail their application forms, a 2-page outline of their research proposal in English (this may be accompanied by a longer statement in a Southeast Asian language) to the ARI Office by 15 November 2009.
15 November 2009
Study in: Singapore
Program starts 10 May 2010
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Asia Research Institute
NUS Bukit Timah Campus
469A Tower Block #10-01
Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259770
E-mail : arikk(at)nus.edu.sg
Fax: 65 67791428